Serviecs Offered by TREA Sponsors at no cost:
- POWELL-LEON LEGAL SERVICES PROGRAM: The Powell & Leon Legal Service Agreement (LSP) is waived for TREA members and entitles you to: free school law phone calls in which no research is required, discounted legal rates, discounted travel rates, Powell & Leon client alerts, school board training, and more. (NO annual retainer for TREA member districts). More info here: www.powell-leon.com
- TREA Risk Management CO-OP (RMC): The Risk Management Co-op (TREA RMC) is a school service oriented self-funded and self-governed risk pool which is administered by a seasoned group of insurance professionals and school superintendents with a focus on providing affordable, quality, risk management tools for products to Texas school districts. TREA RMC establishes the Cooperative as a property and casualty provider of first resort. RMC provides members with a Free Statement of Values Review and Free Coverage Reviewwww.txrearmc.com
- LIVE OAK PUBLIC FINANCE: An industry leader in providing school districts with a personal, professional bond experience from pre-election until the retirement of the bond, Live Oak offers TREA members free Continuing Disclosure Services. Continuing Disclosure is a complex annual reporting requirement which Districts must complete, file and distribute each year in order to stay compliant with SEC Rule 15c2-12. Properly disclosing any material events as well as timely reporting by the deadline (December 31 or February 28) each year are both critical to the financial well-being of your district. If you do not know if you are required to file or if you would like more information on Live Oak Public Finance's services, please email email@example.com or call (512) 726-5547. Also, check out our sister company Live Oak Equipment Finance for any of your leasing needs.
- TREA-STARS TRANSPORTATION APP: Passenger safety and accurate reporting are the cornerstones of the innovative STARS app for districts large and small. Endorsed by TREA as a savy, user-friendly and cost effective tool, STARS is the solution for efficient fleet maintenance and transportation operation reporting. Designed for use on any Android or Apple device, STARS provides data in real time: Daily Ridership, Maintenance Alerts, Data Collection Portal, Discipline Referrals and more: www. http://starstran.com/ Pricing $1 a Pupil in addition TREA MEMBERS Receive a 15% Discount.
- OPENHIEMER & CO, INC: Superintendents can get a Free financial and demographic analysis of any school district whether it be your current district or one which you wish to obtain more detailed information.
- Prime Source Roofing Contractors: Will donate one student scholarship for every roof job they sell.
- Gallagher Construction Company: Will provide a free facility assessment to any TREA member school district. The assessment includes an evaluation of the facility’s Life, Accessibility, General Building Conditions and a long term maintenance plan for the district’s continued use. www.gallagertx.com
- NREA: TREA is an affiliate of the National Rural Education Association (NREA). When a school district joins TREA they also become a voting member of NREA. TREA is a member of the NREA Coalition. We work together with 23 other states to advocate for rural schools and their needs at the Federal level. Texas has always had a prominent role in the organization. NREA publishes a journal of rural school research, The Rural Educator, which is sent to its members quarterly www.nrea.net/TREA is working to make programs available to our smaller schools that are usually more expensive on a per student basis than prices offered to large school.
TREA is working to make programs available to our smaller schools that are usually more expensive on a per student basis than prices offered to large school districts.
By arrangements with some of those companies, our schools will receive the same pricing structure to make many programs that previously too costly, more affordable to our member schools.
- myON Literacy/TREA partnership: This program provides more than 6,000 enhanced digital books for all students, teachers and families in a school community. Through a special arrangement with myON/TREA, schools can purchase this program at rates comparable to very large school district's advanced purchasing power. Contact John Costilla, 940-312-3867 or jcostilla@myON.com
- TREA AVID Pilot Program: This is a collaboration with the AVID program which will be offered through a special arrangement in the Abilene area. AVID is enjoying unparalleled success in improving school climate and achievement Most of their success has been in larger schools. Districts who are in the target West Texas area who are interested in finding out more about this partnership should contact: Keri Barnett 254-485-9626 or firstname.lastname@example.org
TREA has obtained substantial discounts for members for the following services:
Excellence Lesson Planning System (Wink Educational Consulting) offers personalized lesson plans for teachers; Walk through forms for administrators; a T-TESS Portfolio and collaboration tools.
It is a validated tool for school improvements: TREA members receive a 50% discount
Go to www.johnwink.com for a complete description and contact information
GTE FND: This template can be used to calculate Career Technology Funding for your school district. Using different scenarios, an administrator can calculate how their decisions regarding these programs could affect their state CTE revenue
Contact: Bill Chapman at Bill@ctefnd.com or www.ctefnd.com/
SINCE 1992 TREA HAS BEEN DEDICATED TO IMPROVING TEACHING AND LEARNING IN THE RURAL SCHOOLS OF TEXAS. WE DO THIS BY PARTICIPATING IN SMALL SCHOOLS COALITION (TREA, TACS, TAMS), WORKING WITH VARIOUS AD HOC GROUPS ON ISSUES THAT AFFECT OUR RURAL MEMBERSHIP, REGULAR COMMUNICATION DURING LEGISLATIVE SESSIONS TO KEEP MEMBERS INFORMED AND INVOLVED, AND WE UNITE AND MOBILIZE MEMBERS TO IMPACT LEGISLATION. WE ARE A TIGHT KNIT COMMUNITY OF EDUCATORS THAT RELY ON EACH OTHER AND OUR AFFILIATES TO CONSTANTLY IMPROVE AND ADAPT TO THE CHALLENGES RURAL EDUCATORS FACE.